How to protect your organization
In the previous chapter, we've outlined the top ten ways that cybercriminals can get into your systems, however, these are only some methods used to put your data at risk. Over 1,000,000 new malware threats are released every single day which affected thousands of business owners worldwide.
Yet, here is the scariest statistic of all:
97% of breaches could have been prevented with today’s technology.
With that in mind, here are 3 steps that you can take today to prevent being a
target of cybercrime:
- Complete a threat assessment
A threat assessment can be completed by going over the top 10 outlined in this report and evaluating whether you are at risk. Furthermore, answer the following questions:
- What is lacking in your security right now?
- How are employees using your company-owned devices?
- What 3rd-party cloud applications are you using?
- Are your systems truly backed up?
- Does your business use a fully managed and monitored anti-virus solution?
- What happens when a computer gets infected?
- Where are you exposed to risk?
- Whose job is it to make sure your network is protected, and how do you know if they're doing their job?
- Create an Action Plan
Based on what you've discovered in Step 1,what do you need to do to ensure your systems, data and operations are secure from theft, compromise, corruption, etc.?
- Ongoing Maintenance
You definitely can't take a "set-it-and-forget-it" approach to cybersecurity since your attackers aren't! You need to make sure that nothing is preventing your systems from updating properly or your anti-virus software from scanning for potential threats. If you don't have the time or resources to ensure your network is secure and that your backups are operational and tested - then you need to consider hiring someone that can help you ensure that you are well protected and able to recover from a cyberattack quickly and efficiently.
To help you find the perfect IT service provider, read our FREE guide on hiring a competent computer consultant here.